Software installation errors

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 3 21:18:01 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 01:19 AM, Prasanna Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for quick response.. After re-installing the samba4 by
> performing all the steps suggested by you, the softer installation and
> removal is going on smoothly without any error. It looks like the samaba4
> problem is solved. Once again thanks a lot.

Great. You're most welcome.

> One more question i have, this is not related to this error. I am able to
> see one icon in the launcher and if i place the mouse it says "Install
> RELEASE". Do you have any idea what is this going to install? Am not sure
> will there be any problem if i install this. Thanks in advance..

Not sure exactly what icon you are referring to. You already upgraded
from 10.10 to 11.04, so I know of no other release (except for ocelot)
that it would be wanting to upgrade to. Did you do *all* of the steps
that I pointed out in my previous? It could be that because you had 81
upgrades to still do, that some of those will result in only a 'partial
release/upgrade'. So you'll need to keep going through them until you
are fully upgraded.

Please bottom post on this list (meaning put your reply at the end, or
intersperse your reply).