Hardware issue?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Jul 3 13:56:16 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 07:32 AM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 03/07/11 07:28, Billie Walsh wrote:
>> On 07/03/2011 07:02 AM, compdoc wrote:
>>> Is the cpu overheating?
>>
>> I'll second that question. Those bloody things run HOT. Mine was so hot
>> you could almost cook on the computer case. I couldn't get enough air
>> flow through the case till I took off the side panel and set an external
>> fan to blow through the case. Now it's nice and cool.
>
> And what is hot?

Well, in my instance, it was uncomfortable to hold my hand on the
outside of the computer case. The case was running well over 100 degrees
F. Possibly 120 or so. With the computer case that hot I didn't need to
know the processor and power supply temperatures were way to high for
reliable long term safety.

That's in a room where I maintain about a 75 to 80 degree ambient
temperature at all times.

--
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -