Firefox Alternative

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 3 05:13:15 UTC 2011

On 03/07/11 14:44, Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 07/02/2011 11:09 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> But you have no security-orientated extensions. You must be a very brave
>> man indeed :-) .
>
> I stay away from porn sites

Too old, eh? :-D

> and social network sites. Places where you catch social diseases. *<]:o)

Regrettably nothing to do with "social networks". Every site you visit
has something there which may/probably will impinge on your privacy. You
will see for yourself what I mean if you installed the extensions I
mentioned.

One thing which Firefox 5 now has is an option which tells the URL you
go to that you do not want to be tracked. Now, how effective this is I
don't know but one of the extensions I have had installed for zonks
doesn't adivise the URL it just simply kills off any tracker(s).

Quite a number of people to whom I mentioned these extensions simply
come back with, "I've got nothing to hide." Neither do I but I still
don't like providing unsolicited information to parasites like google
who then sell the gathered information to make a buck.

BC

--
I guess reality is what you make of it.