*LOL* !!!Re: A "green" distro of Ubuntu?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Jul 2 21:55:23 UTC 2011

On 07/02/2011 03:51 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Billie Walsh wrote:

>>> You, *AND* others, optimize wrong parameter ;/
>>> I've a LARGE powerful ???????
>>> choke-point is download bandwidth ;\
>>>

>> I went looking at the Ubuntu website but didn't find it.
>>
>> Isn't there someplace you can request a CD be sent for free or for the
>> cost of mailing?
>>
>> All I saw on the Ubuntu pages was how to order packs of five or more.
>>
>> Might have to wait a bit for it to arrive via snail-mail but it beats
>> the download chokepoint.
>>

> You just proved I don't communicate well ;/
>
> IMHO what's on distro CD is at least order of magnitude TOOOOO bloated

I think what your asking is very unrealistic. If your on dial-up and/or
have bandwidth limits I could understand not wanting to download a
CD/DVD. But to have a system with even minimal functionality your going
to need something larger than your asking for.

--
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -