A "green" distro of Ubuntu?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Jul 2 20:22:59 UTC 2011

On 07/02/2011 03:01 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:

>>> Not sure what page I looked at as to derivation ;<
>>> 50 MB still not "small" :/
>>
>> And I thought all of those 40 megabyte drives went to Canada to die. :)
>> Ric
>>

> You, *AND* others, optimize wrong parameter ;/
> I've a LARGE powerful ???????
> choke-point is download bandwidth ;\

I went looking at the Ubuntu website but didn't find it.

Isn't there someplace you can request a CD be sent for free or for the
cost of mailing?

All I saw on the Ubuntu pages was how to order packs of five or more.

Might have to wait a bit for it to arrive via snail-mail but it beats
the download chokepoint.

--
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -