video card recommendation ?

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sat Jul 2 17:02:19 UTC 2011

On 07/02/2011 11:56 AM, Pastor JW wrote:
> This is absolutely amazing!  For years I have seen nothing but daily Nvidia
> problems on this list so have gone out my way to stay away from them AND
> recommend my 50+ users to go ATI which of course always just works out of the
> box with no tinkering.  Now the whole group of you is touting Nvidia?  Does
> misery love company or what is the deal?  Ah! Wait, ...if you guys actually
> got it working you can be seen as an "expert"?!!  Ok, I get it!!  But no, I do
> not recommend Nvidia for anything serious.

Well, I'm going to be honest and yes I'm a bit objective, Nvidia does
work quite a bit better than it did in the past as of late, but AMD
still has the best graphics and compatibility, hands down.

I have to side with you on the latter too, I would never recommend
Nvidia to anybody coming to Linux, I would always point them to the AMD
that is a generation behind (because it's cheaper but still plays very
well.)