Firefox Alternative

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:46:02 UTC 2011

On 2 July 2011 14:20, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:
> On 07/02/2011 08:05 AM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>>
>> On 07/02/2011 07:43:31 AM, ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>>>
>>> It's been several years since I have played on a system that was
>>> on a cable company ISP, but you had the same problem on cable systems.
>>> Back then you didn't even need to use Java. With very little effort
>>> you had  access to every system attached to your cable run.
>>
>> You don't need Java now, because he said JavaScript.
>> Jordon Bedwell
>>

> OK, then:
>
> Back then you didn't even need to use a Javascript or have Java enabled.
>
> Is that better?
>
> picky picky picky

He's not being picky, although he is being a bit awkward.

Java & Javascript are 2 unrelated, totally different languages. Yes,
the name is unhelpful & stupid. That is why some call it ECMAscript &
other names.

The confusing name was probably chosen to cash in in Java's fame.

Just remember, despite the similar names, they're unrelated. No connection.

Despite the earlier poster's somewhat hysterical rant about
Javascripts, actually, what they can do is quite limited.

There are lots of trick webpages that show you what's on your own hard
disk, some as jokes, some to scare you into buying fake security
products... but that does NOT mean that the remote webserver can "see"
what you can see. Browsers are carefully designed specifically to
prevent that.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com