Software installation errors

Prasanna Kumar prasanna2602 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 10:27:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... If i run the following command, i see the below
error:

pkaX at pkax-ThinkPad-R400:~$ sudo apt-get install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 81 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up samba4 (4.0.0~alpha15~git20110124.dfsg1-2ubuntu1) ...
Unknown parameter encountered: "max log size"
Ignoring unknown parameter "max log size"
Unknown parameter encountered: "syslog"
Ignoring unknown parameter "syslog"
Unknown parameter encountered: "passdb backend"
Ignoring unknown parameter "passdb backend"
Unknown parameter encountered: "unix password sync"
Ignoring unknown parameter "unix password sync"
Unknown parameter encountered: "passwd program"
Ignoring unknown parameter "passwd program"
Unknown parameter encountered: "pam password change"
Ignoring unknown parameter "pam password change"
Unknown parameter encountered: "map to guest"
Ignoring unknown parameter "map to guest"
Unknown parameter encountered: "usershare allow guests"
Ignoring unknown parameter "usershare allow guests"
Unknown parameter encountered: "guest ok"
Ignoring unknown parameter "guest ok"
[...]
WARNING: Module [samba_dsdb] not found - do you need to set
LDB_MODULES_PATH?
Unable to load modules for /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/samba/setup/upgradeprovision", line 1597, in <module>
    ldbs = get_ldbs(paths, creds, session, lp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/upgradehelpers.py", line 159,
in get_ldbs
    ldbs.sam = SamDB(paths.samdb, session_info=session, credentials=creds,
lp=lp, options=["modules:samba_dsdb"])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 53, in
__init__
    options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/__init__.py", line 110, in
__init__
    self.connect(url, flags, options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 66, in
connect
    options=options)
_ldb.LdbError: (80, None)
dpkg: error processing samba4 (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openchangeserver:
 openchangeserver depends on samba4 (>= 4.0.0~); however:
  Package samba4 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing openchangeserver (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openchangeserver-dev:
 openchangeserver-dev depends on openchangeserver (=
1:0.11~bzr1932-1build1); however:
  Package openchangeserver is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing openchangeserver-dev (--configure):
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup
error from a previous failure.
                          No apport report written because the error message
indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
                                                    Errors were encountered
while processing:
 samba4
 openchangeserver
 openchangeserver-dev

Is there any alternate way to install the same?

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 9:17 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 07/01/2011 08:28 PM, Prasanna Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When ever i install or remove any software, i see following errors. Was
> > upgraded ubuntu from 10.10 to 11.04 recently and seeing this error after
> > upgrading. Please any one help me in resolving this error. Thanks in
> > advance.
> >
> > pkaX at pkax-ThinkPad-R400:~$ sudo apt-get install usermod
> > [sudo] password for pkaX:
> >
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Suggested packages:
> >   transmission-daemon transmission-gtk
> > The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >   transmission-cli
> > 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 81 not upgraded.
> > 3 not fully installed or removed.
>
> Try:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install -f
> $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
> $ sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Regards,
Prasanna :-)