Deja Vu all over again!

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 09:58:27 UTC 2011

On 2 July 2011 03:34, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 13:12 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

>> > And you're concerned about people spreading misinformation...
>>
>> I can produce solid evidence that these statements are true. They are
>> objective, demonstrable fact.
>
> Demonstrable how?

I'm not going to touch the mysticism stuff, which for now can't be
proved either way.]

Complementary medicine, though, can, simply and readily, by randomised
controlled trials. Check out the work of Professor Edzard Ernst, the
world's first professor of complementary medicine, who spent his
career devising scientific investigations of this stuff and to his
amazement and initial horror found that in almost every form of
"treatment" there is no effect at all, or just an effect
indistinguishable from placebo.

CAM is a scam. There's nothing to it. A chat with a sympathetic ear
does just as much good.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com