Firefox Alternative

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sat Jul 2 07:19:15 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 04:28 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> I've used Opera on-and-off since Win95&  I've always found it a bit
> weird&  unlike any other browser. The same keystrokes that work in IE,
> Firefox, Seamonkey&  Chrome don't in Opera&  I never found its
> keystrokes for some things. Even Safari for Windows is better&  it's
> quite idiosyncratic.

Well, Opera lets you customize/modify your keystrokes/mouse
gestures/whatever to whatever you want (ie,to FF style, whatever you're
used to) + lots more capabilities; and you can turn those off if you
don't know how to use them. Afterall, Opera invented those keystrokes
which FF and others now use.

I think it's better to have more capabilities and simplify/dumb
down/turn off/ than to have lesser capabilities, which may come useful.
I am impressed when I discover there are things that I don't know about
and find them useful and customizable (that's why I like kde and e17).

To use an analogy, I like to have a 4wd, manual transmission, high
torque vehicle which I can also turn into a 2wd, automatic transmission,
quiet purring, smooth riding car that my grandmother can use; or more
accurately, my grandmother's car which can turn into a 4wd high torque
manual powerful vehicle.

Got that, gramps?   ;)

Heh heh, Liam, nice talking to you.
Take care, regards - Goh Lip

ps:
kept this message in draft before sending this off. I figured you're
man/matured/sporting/team-spirited enough to take  this.  :)
There're lots other drafts to other people which I trashed.

disinclination to do so.
                                             - - - Douglas Adams