Deja Vu all over again!

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Fri Jul 1 22:16:15 UTC 2011

On 01/07/11 14:12, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 1 July 2011 12:57, Ben Darby<bendarb at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> * Liam Proven (lproven at gmail.com) wrote:

>>> It wasn't messed up. Chiropractors are charlatans; all backs creak
>>> like that, it's normal. I am sure most believer fervently in what they
>>> do, but it's bogus.
>>>
>>> Acupuncture cures nothing, *but* the transient placebo effect does
>>> provide pain relief. Needles stuck in at random will do this, though,
>>> as will fake needles, sugar pills and saline injections. It's just
>>> flim-flam. All the stuff about "meridians" and "qi" is nonsense.
>>
>> And you're concerned about people spreading misinformation...
>
> I can produce solid evidence that these statements are true. They are
> objective, demonstrable fact.

second this wholeheartedly!
Quacks like witch-doctors, herbalists, chiropractors. acupuncturists,
etc. etc. have only one interest: their own pocket.
We have here in Holland a famous case of a very capable actress who died
needlessly by the (in)actions of acupuncturists and a faith healer!.
If you have problems with your body go to a qualified doctor and let him
decide on the best treatment. That is the only good way in a civilized
country.
Joep (M.D. retired).