Changing Password for an Encrypted FS

Mark Kelly ubuntu at wastedtimes.net
Sun Jan 30 13:30:03 UTC 2011

Hi.

On Sunday 30 Jan 2011 at 13:16 Amichai Rotman wrote:
> I installed Ubuntu Lucid and decided to encrypt my hoe folder.

Very wise, I keep my hoes in a separate folder too :)

> How can I bypass the "Password too similar" error?

I don't have any actual technical knowledge about this problem, but couldn't
you get round it by first changing password to something totally different,
then immediately changing it back to the one you actually want? That should
avoid similarities in both password changes.

Cheers,

Mark