Copy/paste. Was: Re: Evolution places quoted text in a table [WAS: GNU GPL]

Eric Morey eric at glodime.com
Sat Jan 29 19:44:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 10:02 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:24:41 -0500
> Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is really in reply to Eric Morey whose message I've already
> deleted.  Sorry, Ric, for piggybacking.
>
> > > As a work around, I normally:
> > > - highlight the text in the table/cell press ctrl+c to copy it the
> > > the clipboard;
>
> Once you've highlighted the text it is already copied.  There's no need
> for any key presses.

I knew that. However, in order to make ctrl+v paste the highlighted text
I must first press ctrl+c. I do this so I don't have to use the mouse. I
find it to be much faster.

> > > - open a plain old text editor;
> > > - press ctrl+v to paste the text to the text editor;
>
> Pasting may be done with a  single press of the middle mouse button
> (or, if no middle button, a press of left and right buttons together).
>
> Go ahead and give up the old Winduhs way.  It's easier!

Again, moving my right hand away from the keyboard is required with your
method. This slows me down.

If I'm already using the mouse I tend to use only the mouse to copy and
paste, but that is rarely the case when reading through my e-mail.

Having more ways to copy and paste is easier.