Can't find sun-java6-plugin

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Jan 28 21:03:27 UTC 2011

I have some network switches that need the Java plugin in the browser to
manage. I am installing a new Ubuntu 10.04 machine that I need this to work
on, and it does not, as it cannot find some of the needed  classes. Looking
at the dpkg -l results from another machine thta this does work on, I find
that I think I need sun-java6-plugin. But apt-get install of that says:

Couldn't find package sun-java6-plugin

What am I doing wrong?