dlume

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:09:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM, M.R. <makrober at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found dlume (an address book manager) that seems to be exactly what
> I need, other than I can find any way (other than links, which I don't
> want to use) to make it operate on a file of addresses in some location
> other than it's hardwired default in ~/.dlume.
>
> Anybody using it? Am I missing something?
> MakRober
>
> Mak
I haven't used it, but from the deb page -
Dlume is a simple, gtk2-based addressbook. You can easily add, edit and
delete records to/from an XML-format database. The Quick-search feature
allows you find required entry in comfortable way. Export to CSV and HTML
formats is also available. Interface design was borrowed and improved from
Paddress <http://paddress.sourceforge.net>. This page also says it is
implemented in C.

Maybe Paddress will give you some clues, or you could just look at the
source (if you are inclined to read code) to find out what is wired in to
the code for the location of its storage.

Regards
Jack