10.04.1 LTS install with RAID support?

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:06:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Alan Pope <popey at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 28 January 2011 14:38, Steve Malenfant <smalenfant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not yet. The problem is that I don't have any writable CD anymore.
>
> I specifically meant use the netinst ISO on a usb stick using
> unetbootin. I used this last week, and believe you won't get the CD
> mount issue because the mini/netinst iso doesn't grab packages from a
> local CD repo but from online.
>
> But it looks like you're sorted now :)
>
> Sorted, not really. I believe my main problem is that these drives had
already an Soft RAID config on them. I'm trying to re-purpose them. But the
installation can't remove the RAID configuration. It would be nice to have
an option to remove all RAID partitioning before the partitioning happen.
Anyway, I tried removing that stuff with Gparted... failed. mdadm
--zero-superblock fails. So.. waiting for the long dd -if=/dev/zero on them
and hopefully this md2 array won't show up on next install!

Is this supposed to be that complicated?