Evolution

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Fri Jan 28 15:08:32 UTC 2011

On 1/28/2011 8:46 AM, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I have used Evolution for many years and rarely, if ever, has an item
> dropped into the Junk folder. However, recently items have started to
> appear there none of which is junk. For example, today there were 43
> items out of a total mail of 95 items. I would welcome suggestions on
> how to deal with this problem apart from - change to another email
> client. Thanks in advance.

It's not the fault of Evolution but rather your Bayesian spam filter.
You can reset it if you like so you can retrain it, just look for the
bogofilter folder in your home folder (if I remember right ~ unless you
installed another).

It could also be a change in your email server as well, you can disable
trusting spam headers from your server and have it only use your
filtering and checks with your local spam filter.