GNU GPL

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 01:44:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:
> /snip/
>    Gmail is good and free and doesn't crud up your email with "features".
>    Select text mode in your Gmail setup. It just works.
>
>> My boss is tied in with this and I ~loathe~ it.<spits>  You'll never make
>> it off the ground with that between you and collaborators. They'll go
>> crazy in short order and disappear. Ali, since you're not on the
>> receiving end of your email, you don't know.
>
> /snip/
> Several folks have complained on this and other lists, that they don't know
> if their mail is being received on the list, _because Gmail deletes those
> messages_ from the "received" mail.  So Ali would not be on the receiving
> end of his mail on Gmail either!  For this and a couple of other reasons, I
> would never use Gmail.

I've never had a problem with this and I've been a huge gmail fan
since Yahoo decided to deactivate my primary id four years ago and
cost me control of most of my Yahoo groups and about 160GB of email.

However, Ric, you may get your wish - Yahoo announced yesterday (I
think) that they are downsizing by 1% (after already having downsized
by about 5% not too long ago).  I used to like Yahoo, and I'll work
with it when I have to, but I avoid it wherever I can.

Them's my $0.02.