Canon printer too fond of black

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 00:33:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Tommy Trussell
<tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Leo Noordhuizen
> <leo.noordhuizen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A few years ago Canon didn't support linux well at all, and the
> open-source drivers were not often very good because Canon wouldn't
> release the information needed to support their products. I hope that
> has changed, though I don't have a Canon printer anymore.

Last I checked, this was still true.  I use HP and Brother printers,
which are well-supported.

Sorry about OP's Canon - that seems to be one of their few faults (bad
Linux support AND funky ink usage).  Other than that I really used to
like Canon printers.