[Maverick] A video question

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Thu Jan 27 00:31:43 UTC 2011

On 01/26/2011 03:36 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 26 January 2011 22:24, Jim Smith<jim at oz.net>  wrote:
>> I have some videos in .mov (quicktime) format that I took with an iPod
>> Touch. I would like to know of a simple editor which would allow them to be
>> pasted together into a short movie. Apple has an app called Splice which
>> will do it on the iPod, but I would rather do the work offline on the
>> laptop. Then I can choose whether or not to load it back on the device.
>>
> Try kdenlive? I just tried Pitivi on 11.04 (natty) and it reliably
> crashed when I pulled a video into the timeline :(
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pitivi/+bug/708393
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Thank you. Kdenlive seemed a bit more feature-laden (steep learning
curve) than I was looking for. I was going to try pitivi but will now
skip that. I was looking for something that would allow me to just bash
about 4 or 5 little clips together into about a 4 minute movie. Likewise
with Kino.

Thanks again

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............