Canon printer too fond of black

Leo Noordhuizen leo.noordhuizen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:18:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

Im using a Canon Pixma Ip4500 printer on Ubuntu 10.10 and the
color-reproduction is disastrous.
It seems that its using way too much black in printing everything, and
everythings comes out very dark or black.
As a consequence the 'liquid gold' (that expensive printer ink) is
disappearing much faster as when using that other Operating System.

I am using the standard "Canon PIXMA iP4500 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.6"
printer drivers.

I did have a look at the Canon website, but the drivers they have are from
2007.

Any suggestions ?

Thank,

Leo Noordhuizen - Netherlands