IPv6 - how do I get ready?

ANDY sirald66 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:32:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Neil Cherry <ncherry at linuxha.com> wrote:

> Where you live does the ISP mandate you must use their router? I have
> my own router and they can't update anything.

No, you can use compatible routers where you would be responsible for your
own firmware updates.  Like most, this ISP also lets you rent their router
and should be responsible for updating the firmware.

In my case, I bought the router from them which is branded to their
service.  Neither their site nor the maker (Actiontec) offer firmware
updates yet for IPv6.