HD activity in 10.04

Arnaud G lepelerin2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 05:21:32 UTC 2011

From: Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au>

To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Tue, January 25, 2011 12:35:57 AM
Subject: Re: HD activity in 10.04

On 25/01/2011 12:20, Arnaud G wrote:
> [...]

Have you counted the number of reboots between this occurring?

Linux OSs will check the file system after so many reboots (because Linux is
meant to run for years without being rebooted, when the system is rebooted after
X times the s/ware thinks that there is a problem with the file system).

If I remember correclty, but I do not vouch for my memory, Lucid (10.04) checks
the file system for errors after 10 reboots but Maverick now after (?)20
reboots.

There is a file where you can control this number but I don't recall it (and
without going thru all my notes).

BC

I did disable the check on reboot and no effect. Thank you for the pointer
anyway.