Install 10.10 over 10.04

scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 16:12:36 UTC 2011

On 1/24/2011 1:52 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:35:05 -0500
> scott <redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Since I can't find an answer to my previous question, what does
>> everyone think about upgrading my borked 10.04 to 10.10 with the
>> alternate install cd? Think it might fix it? Is it worth a try?
>
> I can't resist feeding the troll.  No, it isn't worth it.  If your
> installation is already borked why would you try upgrading instead of
> re-installing?  To upgrade in that case is just stupid, if you ask me,
> and to even ask about it proves the point.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Troll, indeed. I've been on this list for years and only post if I have
a problem or if I can help someone. I was thinking along the lines of
proper permissions being applied to the 10.10 upgrade, assuming that's
the problem to begin with. I shouldn't even respond, don't know why I am.
Scott

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110124-0, 01/24/2011
Tested on: 1/24/2011 11:12:37 AM