IPv6 - how do I get ready?

ANDY sirald66 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 06:32:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Harry Strongburg <harry.ubuntu at harry.lu>wrote:

> If your ISP has no plans as of yet, you could always try an IPv6
> tunnel broker such as tunnelbroker.net, or use a Teredo tunnel (sudo
> apt-get install miredo, as an example).

Already fired off the question to my ISP (QWest Comm), but have heard
nothing so far; did see summer news they are offering it to their business
customers.  They seem to be cutting migration awfully close.

Yeah, I've noticed Windows running Teredo; running Miredo on Linux may keep
me on similar footing.

I've never used IPv6 before that I know of, but I'd rather not be in line
with the masses when the blade drops.