Mounting ISO

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 01:30:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 4:25 PM, A. Jorge Garcia <calcpage at aol.com> wrote:

> Well, all I know is that I first installed Ubuntu when 10.04 LTS came out.
>  At the time I had to go through all kinds of hoops to get java and flash
> working in Firefox using the 64bit ISO.  Take a look at this blog post where
> I detail some of what I had to do (thanx to NoOp's and other's help):
>
> http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-many-linux-distros-so-little-time.html

Interesting.

I would suggest that, rather than have your students logged into the
primary user's account, create a non-privileged account on the systems
(one that does NOT have sudo access) and have them automatically
logged into that account.  Just one fewer security risks.

For flash, I just went to adobe.com and installed from there.  I don't
know if I did anything at all to get java to work - my about:config
doesn't show anything special, including a jre (so maybe I don't have
that installed at all!) but I've not seen anything asking for it,
either.

HTH.