Mounting ISO

A. Jorge Garcia calcpage at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 20:18:25 UTC 2011

>>On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:44:10 +0800, Calcpage <calcpage at aol.com> wrote:

>> Oh, really? Thats cool! So, say this bootable ISO is in
>> /dev/hda2/sage.iso, how do I add this to grub?

>Sample menu as follows.... (for *ubuntu flavours)

>menuentry "Iso - Casper " {
>search --no-floppy --label --set Cas
>loopback loop /iso/kubuntu-maverick-amd64.iso
>linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper
>iso-scan/filename=/pop/kubuntu-maverick-amd64.iso noprompt noeject
quiet
>splash
>initrd (loop)/casper/initrd.lz
>

>Note however, if you have other distros, the methods varies. Best you
>check by looking into the iso (mount -o loop...) and see the booting
>method (casper, live, boot), vmlinuz and initrd (most common is
initrd.gz
>not initrd.lz). Also some livecd comes with 'preseeding' and that may
not
>boot from iso if it is remastered without lupin-casper installed (but
you
>can remaster yourself with that installed and boot the iso) --Ah..
sorry
>for going off in a tangent, too many unnecessary details.-- Why not
tell
>us what you're trying to boot and we'll leave out the ..ah, noise.

Well, I'm trying to boot the live SAGE CD from http://www.sagemath.org
as I tried their online servers like http://www.sagenb.org all last
semester but my school's network was a bit laggy.  Also, I can't setup
my own server until I get some new hardware.  So, I have to burn the
ISO or boot it from a Linux partition.  BTW, SAGE is a Computer Algebra
System based on python that we use like MATLAB.

TIA,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com