Ubuntu installation

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:40:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Afonso Lopes <afonsocruzlopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I have the option for Ubuntu or Windows. If I install Ubunto for
> notebook I will have three options and partitions or it will be installed
> over the desktop version?
>
> Afonso

Afonso,

Ubuntu for NETbooks is mainly a desktop environment (Unity) like Gnome
or KDE, but optimized for smaller screens, thus NETbooks and not
NOTEbooks. It won't appear at Grub screen. You'll probably have the
option to enable it at login screen, or go back to Gnome if you don't
like the Unity screen. It is said that Unity could be the standard
graphic environment in the next Ubuntu release.

Please do not top post when addressing to this list.

Gracias,

Lucio

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.