Bugzilla versus ubuntu-bug: Why are there necessary 2 programs?

Detlef Lechner Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net
Sat Jan 22 15:55:05 UTC 2011

Hi,
on my Maverick computer sometimes an error message appears saying I
should direct to Bugzilla. Usually it asks me to install additional
packages so that a more meaningful output will be produced.

Why have the Ubuntu maintainers provided this mechanism in addition to
the ubuntu-bug mechanism? Both mechanisms seem to cover almost the same
task. What is the most important difference between the two mechanisms?

Regards,
Detlef Lechner