bootchart application destroys suspend on laptop

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:24:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:36, don fisher <hdf3 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Sorry, it was a rough day. The bootchart application runs for a long time on
> my machine. If I reopen the lid before bootchart completes, the system
> appears to hang. bootchart was also in my 9.10 build, but did not present
> the same delay.
>
> Is there a  list of what changes are made in the Ubuntu distributions. The
> release notes do not present a complete description. For instance, it
> appears that the new version of emacs changed the width of space bar
> character to 1/2, so the TAB key no longer works correctly for me. I can
> find no documentation.
>
> Thanks for the feedback on your laptop. I will look into why bootchart is
> taking so long to execute.

Unless you have a need to track bootup times, why don't you just
remove bootchart?  then no more problem.  I have it on a couple of my
systems that's used for testing/development but the rest do not have
bootchart installed.

I'm curious to know, though, what you might have installed in the past
that installed bootchart (I don't recall it actually being part of the
default installation package set, though I could be mistaken there)...

Cheers
Jeff