Second System results of 8.04 LTS to 10.04.1 LTS Upgrade **STATUS UPDATE**

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 18:43:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 11:40 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> On 20 January 2011 11:11, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> >> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:36:17 +0000 From: Colin Law
> >> <clanlaw at googlemail.com>
> >
> > To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> > <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> > Subject: Re: Second System results of 8.04 LTS to 10.04.1 LTS Upgrade
> > **STATUS UPDATE**

> >> *Not* running Ubuntu??
> >
> > Correct. It is a refurbished system that I purchased and had Windows
> > installed. I will be using a distribution CD. No internet connection will
> > available to me.
>
> I see, you mean it is not *currently* running Ubuntu, I thought you
> meant you did not want to run Ubuntu.
>
> If you google for
> ubuntu how to install applications no network
> you will find a number of ways of installing stuff when you have no
> network connection.

I always order a DVD from OnDisk for a couple of bucks, as I am paranoid
enough not to trust getting 10 gig worth of data without one bleep or
bloop over the wire in the process. Their DVD even has all of the KDE
stuff, should you wish to install it along side gnome. I've been happy
with it. Ric

Linux user# 44256