Firefox4 Beta plugins (again)

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 22:52:22 UTC 2011

On Sunday the 16th Goh Lip was kind enough to give me some instructions
on how to get plugins recognized in the Firefox4 beta.  I did what he
suggested but they still don't appear in about:plugins.  I think the
problem was I didn't install it where he assumed I did and I then got
the symlink wrong.

I am using Maverick amd64 and I downloaded the tar file from the mozilla
site and extracted it to my home directory. So it is at
/home/jfb/firefox. The Canonical version is in it's default location.

Could someone post the command to create the symlink needed given this info?

Thanks,  Jim