Screen blanks on lid close, never comes back

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:24:49 UTC 2011

On 17 January 2011 00:10, Nicolas Calderon
<nicolas.calderon.asselin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my ThinkPad R51 laptop, but have been
> having issues where the screen goes blank when I close the lid but never
> comes back. The computer is not crashed though, as I can still ssh in.
> I tried 3 settings in power management: do nothing, blank screen and
> suspend.

Where in Power Management are you setting this?  The options I have on
the Mains and Battery tabs for "When laptop lid is closed" are
Suspend, Hibernate and Shutdown.

Assuming that you want it to suspend, if you select Suspend from the
shutdown menu directly, without closing the lid, does that work ok?
If not then the issue is to do with suspend rather than the lid
operation.

Colin