Problem during upgrade from 08.04 LTS to 19.04.1 LTS **HELP**

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sat Jan 15 23:51:57 UTC 2011

On 01/15/2011 03:36 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 02:54:32 -0500
> Doug<dmcgarrett at optonline.net>  wrote:
>
>> I'm running a different Linux most of the
>> time
> PCLinuxOS?  Or, maybe, ZorinOS?
> BTW, did you ever locate the source code for ZorinOS?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
PCLos.  I installed ZorinOS, but I haven't played with it much.
I haven't looked for the source code.  I expect the kernel is a
standard Linus-approved release--I don't remember which one.
Since I have no intention of ever trying to modify the source
code, either of the kernel or any of the --sh scripts, the
source code would not be of interest to me.  (I'm not afraid
of the CLI, but the only things I have modified to date are the
sudo file in PCLos, to add myself to it, and the grub script
that Ubuntu corrodes so badly.*) (I use the PCLos version to
straighten it out.)
*Try multi-booting Ubuntu with any other Linux distro and
see what happens!  You're likely to find out that you don't see
the other Linux, and you'll have 3 or more entries for the one
Ubuntu. The same thing happened with ZorinOS, BTW, which
shows its heritage perfectly.

--doug