create a boot-able disk from an iso file

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:33:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Bill Stanley <bstanle at wowway.com> wrote:

> By the way is that a single ULR?  My email program (Thunderbird) made it
> into several lines.

Looks like one to me.

> I would tell to save any important documents to a shared folder.  (one that
> is actually a Linux folder.  Would a virus be able to do any harm to
> documents stored there?
If you're running Windows, then yes, of course.  The virus doesn't
(necessarily) know or care what file system is underneath the files it
modifies.  If you're running in Windows and a virus goes after a file,
it will be modified (as long as the permissions so allow).  If it
happens to be a Linux executable, then chances are that the changes
will corrupt the file and it won't run (on Linux), but there are
UNIX/Linux viruses out there, too,  They're just considerably rarer
than Win viruses (millions).