create a boot-able disk from an iso file

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Mon Jan 10 00:06:17 UTC 2011

I have an iso file which creates a boot-able disk.  The file is now on
the desktop of my computer but Ubuntu doesn't seem to know how to burn
the disk.  (I have no problems burning a regular disk.)  It can open the
archive but that is not what I want. obviously, the archive is complete.

PS The iso file might have to create a boot-able DVD because I'm not
sure that a CD will be big enough.  I can burn DVD's but is there
anything extra that must be done if it has to be on a dvd disk.

Bill Stanley