Can't install calibre

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 21:24:00 UTC 2011

The other day I became aware of the ebook reader, calibre for linux. I
used Synaptic and successfully installed it on my 10.04 desktop.  After
using it I decided to install it on my laptop running 10.10.

The first thing I noticed was it complained about some packages it could
not authenticate which I don't remember from my desktop install. Then it
said it could not find some packages but I answered that I wanted to
proceed.  The install failed with this error message:

W: Failed to fetch
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/p/python-django/python-django_1.2.3-1ubuntu0.1_all.deb
   404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.37 80]

Has anyone else seen this?  Maybe it is just a temporary website  glitch?

Regards,  JIm