Where is

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Jan 8 12:25:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 06:48:06AM -0500, william drescher wrote:
> I have unix experience and am just learning linux.
> Where is the entry that starts mySQL ?  I need to edit it to start
> binlogging.

Do you mean what starts the mysql daemon process(es)?  If so then it's
the file in /etc/init.d.  Any executable found in /etc/init.d is a
startup file run at system boot time (simplification, but near enough).

You'll find /etc/init.d/mysql which takes parameters start, stop and
restart (plus any other special ones for the specific daemon) and if you
look in /etc/init.d/mysql you'll be able to see what "/etc/init.d/mysql
start" does and, thence, where the configuration is.  Alternatively look
at the man page for mysqld.

If you didn't mean this please explain further!  :-)

--
Chris Green