Dual-core Atom Processors

Greg Bair gregbair.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 12:55:28 UTC 2011

Anyone have any experiences with these processors?  More specifically
the D510?  A friend and I are having a friendly bet on who can put
together the best low-power Linux desktop sub-$300 (to be given to a
local charity).

I found online a forum thread saying 9.10 and 10.04 kernels didn't
support it.  But another forum thread that said Fedora 12 supported
it, and I'm guessing that 10.10 probably does too.  A review of one on
newegg stated that it was perfect for firewalls, but didn't say what
distro plus I want to use it in a graphical desktop environment.

The small power consumption is very attractive.  And if I can use it, I
found an Intel mobo + CPU combo on newegg for $80.

--
Greg Bair
PHP Developer