cant login with my samba password only with my linux password

Hartmut freemlist at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:31:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Hartmut <freemlist at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> The problem still exist. Has no one a clue?
>
> Not a samba expert, but I'm guessing there's some issue with the "unix
> password sync = no" line - is it loading from the user passwords on
> startup and having smbpasswd write to somewhere else?

the samba password is stored in an extra database file. Normally it
should not be loaded from the user passwords on startup, cause i like
to have different passwords for the ssh-login and the samba-login.

> Chris Angelico
>
> PS. Rather interesting that you let people browse your lager storage,
> but they're not allowed to touch it. Seems very... appropriate. :)

Ok, there i can't follow you ;) at [lager] the option "browsable = no"
is set, so no one should be able to browse it, or not?