Automatically mount USB flash drive to "/media/a"?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Wed Jan 5 10:26:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Avi Greenbury
<avismailinglistaccount at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've had devices mounted at /media/<UUID> before[0], presumably as a
> result of having no label, but I didn't actually check and I have no
> volumes with which to test knocking around at the minute.

Thanks for the info. I was asking this more or less out of curiosity,
and - see my earlier reply - I have done some tests myself.

Surely, doing what I want can be done: automatically mounting USB sticks
always to the same mount point. But I just don't want to spend much time
over the documentation of udev or whatever. Thought there is a simple
solution.

Anyway, I have convinced the user of the advantages of labeling his USB
drives, and he is buying into that. Perhaps I will provide him with
documentation on how to do the labeling. At the moment, I can do it for
him.