10.10 not recognizing dvd player

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 5 01:27:47 UTC 2011

On 04/01/2011 23:19, G. wrote:
>> Could you be a little more specific as to which specific methods
>> you're using to eject the DVD?
> I have tried the Nautilus eject 'button' as well as the DVD hardware
> eject button.
>

>> What does 'df' show after you've ejected the DVD?  What shows up on
>> the left panel in Nautilus' browser mode?
>>

> Do not know what 'df' means.  In Nautilus the ejected dvd still shows
> as mounted but you can not list the contents once the dvd is removed.
>
> Thanks

Hold on...... You did state "the ejected dvd still shows as mounted "?
Is so then it matches what I suggested in an earler post that the dvd
has not been ejected and the system thinks that it is still "running".

And as far as "can not list the contents once the dvd is removed" - of
course: how can nautilus read something when it is not there to read :-) .

Back to basics: in your OP you mentioned that you are running 10.10, but
it also seems that you are windows 7 on the same HD. Are you dual booting?

How did you install 10.10? was it a clean install or was it an upgrade
from and earlier version of Ubuntu (if so, which one)? Or was Ubuntu
installed using Wubi in windows?

BC

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and
won't change the subject.