Fax as printer in cups

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Tue Jan 4 20:23:10 UTC 2011

On 01/04/2011 09:32 AM, Greg Bair wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 01:50:36 -0500
> Mike McMullin<mmcmullin at cogeco.ca>  wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> /another snip/
> The other day, I needed to fax an NDA for a new job, and after spending
> 4 hours trying to get my USR f/v/d modem set up properly, I just said
> screw it and paid the $1.50 at Kinko's.  Faxing isn't dead, but the
> personal uses for it for most people are few and far between.

Faxing is far from dead: doctors, lawyers and pharmacists seem to live
by fax.  I can understand why lawyers need it, but I await the day when
all the medical stuff is computerized, and we can stop filling out a
humongous form every time we see a new health provider!

(Years ago I had a program that would send a fax from a computer--
this was in the days of dial-up modems.  I think I used it _once_!)

--doug