ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 77, Issue 25

Boggess Rod rboggess at tenovacore.com
Tue Jan 4 18:29:05 UTC 2011

Yea, it's budgeting time here at my business and I would like to get a
PDU this year... but I don't know what to get, I hope someone with
experience will respond, or at least recommend a good mail list to ask
this question.

I'm not about to make the purchase without any feedback from anyone...
I've done that too many times, such a headache.

-Andy

You can check CataList here: http://www.lsoft.com/lists/listref.html

I don't have any idea what to look for. Personally, I'm not sure why you're asking a reliability, features question on a mailing list. Have you looked at pricegrabber? CNet? Collecting reliable consumer opinion data is difficult because folks usually only want to respond as soon as they receive their product, or after something goes terribly wrong. I'd recommend a one-year, online subscription to Consumer Reports, but I doubt they collect data for Power Distribution Units. (Although, it is a shame that they don't have a monthly-subscription fee.) You might want to check on newsgroups/bulletins/mailing lists for process control -- their PLCs and support computers often use PDU, and we do run Nixen servers more often than the average population (although they are usually Unix, not Linux).