OT - Power Distribution unit purchase help

Andy Graybeal andy.graybeal at casanueva.com
Tue Jan 4 14:03:06 UTC 2011

> Andy, I was just shown a brand new IT setup this past week with HP
> servers running Ubuntu exclusively and right next to them - APC full
> rack. They are expensive but - as they put it to me, so are the
> servers and the data on them.
>
> And - I believe - ubuntu has software to monitor these now :D
>
> Wade

Wade, that sounds like fun.

Yea, it's budgeting time here at my business and I would like to get a
PDU this year... but I don't know what to get, I hope someone with
experience will respond, or at least recommend a good mail list to ask
this question.

I'm not about to make the purchase without any feedback from anyone...
I've done that too many times, such a headache.

-Andy