Ebook Reader for Ubuntu

Richard Atcheson ratcheson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:50:57 UTC 2011

On Sunday 02 January 2011 13:14:40 Mark C. Miller wrote:
> Is there a reader program for Ubuntu?
Mark:
Yes, there are at least two of 'em.  Firefox has an ereader plugin which is
nice, but you cant beat Calibre which is a library manager and viewer!  You
can find it here:

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux.

Using the command line provided there is a snap.  I've been using Calibre for
almost a year and it has some real neat features.  Before you install it, make
a directory under your user name, I have one called /home/richard/Calibre
Library and one /home/richard/Ebooks. All my downloads go into the Ebooks dir,
and when Calibre adds a book to the library it goes into the Calibre Library.

The nice part is whenever I download an ebook, it goes automatically into the
Ebook dir and magically appears in the Calibre Library. The user guide will
answer most of your questions.

One real nice feature of Calibre is the abiltiy to email your favorite books
to your friends.

If you need, I have a directory filled with book sources.

Enjoy,
Richard