restricting ssh login based on IP

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sat Feb 26 14:23:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 06:45:23 +0000, Harry Strongburg wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 11:08:37AM +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
>> I would like to allow a user to login through SSH but with different
>> permission coming from different ipaddress.
>
> Sorry to sound unhelpful, but can't you just make a seperate
> user-account for each IP address, and then set the proper
> file-permissions to do what you desire? I don't really understand what
> your goal is, but as far as I can tell from the information given,
> setting proper permissions and making seperate accounts for each IP
> would work.

I can see the need for what the OP is trying to do. For my work, I can
log in to a certain website, but my permissions are (and need to be)
different for on-site and off-site IP's. Sadly, I don't know enough about
the issue to provide a solution.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com