Flash cache?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:23:08 UTC 2011

Den 2011-02-25 12:30:48 skrev squareyes <squareyes at internode.on.net>:

> Hi all,
> could someone tell me where downloading flash files are cached
> until fully downloaded.
>
> Prior to my updating  10.04 3 days ago, I used to be able to copy them
> from /temp
> but now nothing is going there.
> Many thanks in advance
> Take care
>
> Winton

You didn't mention what browser you use. I use Opera and I can find them
at ~/.opera/cache/something.
They are named oprSOMETHING.tmp and sometimes they are removed after
playing, so you need to copy them somewhere when they stopped growing.
Tried that today, and it worked perfectly. Then rename them to
something.flv, if you like.

Note: Whenever I wrote ”something” as a part of a path or file name, this
is supposed to be replaced by something else, that is different every
time. The easiest way to find the current file is probably to sort the
contents of a folder by date. The most recent file is of course the one
you want.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg