Can't Read PDF

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 00:13:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Bill Stanley <bstanle at wowway.com> wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 05:36 PM, chris wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 23:52 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>>
>>> I was able to open the document with Adobe Reader 9.4. Even Google
>>> Documents couldn't open that PDF!
>>>
>>> I recommend to the OP to complain to whoever supplied him with that
>>> document. The file is PDF 1.6, but obviously contains unusual
>>> extensions.
>
> It's just a theory but maybe the PDF document has some kind of malware in
> it?  I have heard that there are some serious security flaws in the PDF
> format itself.

If it was from the state of Texas, chances are even the text is malware....

;-)

No, seriously, I get statements from Verizon Wireless that cannot be
opened other than in AR 9+, and in order to print pages from it I have
to use Windows because the Linux AR can't or won't do it at all.  At
least, that's how it was the last time I actually needed to print
something from them.