Problem after resizing partition and installing ubuntu

Jorge Gusmao jorge.m.gusmao at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:22:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

I installed ubuntu 10.10 on my hp dv8 at home.
No grub error for now, but i have other issue concerning windows7.
After resizing windows OS partition and create other for ubuntu,
installation went well. Grub menu is there on reboot and ubuntu will start
if chosen.
However windows will present me with the following:

After clicking on the windows at /dev/sda1 option in the grub menu, it
notified me that i needed to restart to perform the check, and I did as it
said. And then, it gets into the disk check, it either: 1,freezes at 1
second during the count down process, in which no matter how hard i press
any key it won't do anything. I6t will remain there all night as I tested
today morning.

This is what happen if I choose windows at /dev/sda1. if my choice goes to
windows at /dev/sda2 it will say something like:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause..."
Then im instructed to insert windows installations disks, but im sure that
if i do that I will end with no grub menu as happened here at work.

help :(